New year, new Flood


Now, I made my first version of Flood in 2015, and I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I knew enough to make it work (which I am still extremely proud of)  but the scripts and the whole structure of it ended up being overly complicated. For example, I was detecting the colors of nearby block by using collision and rigidbodies. When you have 32 rigidbodies detecting collision at all times... It was not good. And in addition, I hard coded everything in, because I didn't know any better.  It originally took me months to get it to work.

Now, however, I've learnt so much, and I've decided to scrap the old project (though it's still up here) and start from the scratch. And after two days, I got a better, lighter and most importantly, working prototype! I already have everything I need, it's the matter of putting everything together now. 

Obviously, the project isn't done yet. 

But, I'm working on it!

Files

0.01WEBGL.zip 3 MB
5 days ago

Leave a comment

Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.